1 (edited by hgrard 2020-06-22 20:08:01)

Topic: How do I power esp 01 with arduino externally?

It seems like it doesnt work well powering it from arduino ports, so can anyone give me a scheme of something of how do i power esp 01 externally properly?

Re: How do I power esp 01 with arduino externally?

На питание esp 01 необходимо подключить электролитический конденсатор 100nf 10v

Re: How do I power esp 01 with arduino externally?

Slavas wrote:

На питание esp 01 необходимо подключить электролитический конденсатор 100nf 10v

Translated : "An electrolytic capacitor 100nf 10v must be connected to the esp 01 power supply"

In my opinion this is not a good idea. Yes it will help to supply the peak current required by the ESP-01 when it is transmitting, but it will also add extra loading on the 3V3 output of the Arduino board, possibly leading to overheating and premature failures.

I always use an external 3V3 supply, typically one of these devices ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10PCS-DC-DC- … 0005.m1851

I have found them ultra-reliable, and you can power them from the same supply you use for VIN on the Arduino board. And they are as cheap as chips.

Also it is possible to ENable them only when they are needed, by tying the EN pin to an Arduino output. Leave the EN pin unconnected otherwise, it ENables by default.

As you can see, you can set them to fixed output voltages by solder bridging, but the fiddly bit is the cutting of the track that goes to the variable resistor on the module itself.  I always think it better to fix the voltage, rather that set it with the adjuster, no chance of it getting knocked off its spot.

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...