1 (edited by dimitri897 2020-08-15 10:09:50)

Topic: Hello, I have a project for a home that has 17 external roller blinds

Hello, I have a project for a home that has 17 external roller blinds and I would like to fix them through  with nodems, would you help me with a sketch and how many relays do I need? Tenks

2 (edited by Joan 2020-08-15 22:49:06)

Re: Hello, I have a project for a home that has 17 external roller blinds

Hello,

I can't help you much, but I'll give you a couple of ideas to keep in mind.

Each blind needs 2 relays. Open - Close.

Each shutter needs 2 inputs to detect opening and closing.

Depending on the type of motor you buy, the Open and Close detectors are already built-in, you do not need inputs to the control PCB. Keep that in mind and save money.
https://www.domondo.es/media/image/72/4d/ae/20000048-i4-10-17.jpg

And if you want, as a precaution, use local control buttons on each blind (it will be useful at times, but you will be glad to have it).

For now, I leave these duties to you and someone with more experience to contribute on the control system.

Best regards

What you don't know ... Question !! and what you know ... Share !! - By Joan

Most mechanical relays have 2 positions (Normally Open and Normally Closed) so you can use one relay for each blind

4 (edited by Joan 2020-08-16 19:30:30)

Guillaume wrote:

Most mechanical relays have 2 positions (Normally Open and Normally Closed) so you can use one relay for each blind

If you do it with only 1 relay, you will not be able to leave the blind in a certain position.
The technically correct thing is, that the relay works until it reaches the position and then remains at rest. Both when opening and closing.

You are right, I didn't think about that. Anyway dimitri897 there is not enough detail about your project and for now it has nothing to do with remotexy...

Guillaume wrote:

Anyway dimitri897 there is not enough detail about your project and for now it has nothing to do with remotexy...

You're right, I was going to comment on it today. The funny thing is that dimitri says nothing, only you and I publish.

A hug Guillaume