Topic: Two issues with HM-10 BLE module

Hi,
   I'm using Arduino Mega, HM-10 is cennected to hard serial #2. Ihave found following issues using Arduino with HM-10:

• Data throughput of HM-10 is rather very low - about 700 - 800 bytes per second. Also there is (undocummented) a send buffer (length depends on firmware version) between 180 and 340 bytes. Therefore if configuration longer than buffer size must be sent in chunks, otherwise application shows CRC error.

• If input data is bigger than 57B (ie 58B or more) application exits with error "Board not reply". Android app shows in log Read timeout error. The problem is that app sends to HM-10 63 bytes of data and waits.

Re: Two issues with HM-10 BLE module

Hi,
   this is general bug using serial port - I have managed to connect my Arduino to Android smatrphone using OTG USB - serial converter and problem stays the same - input data can be only 57B - otherwise transmission breaks.

Make sure there are no delay(); statements in your loop code is the only suggestion I can offer.

I have used HM-10 modules with no problems, and I am certain I have more than 57 bytes of data tansfer.

When I get chance I'll go take a look at my old projects ....

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...

Unfortunately, newest RemoteXY (1.4.7 for iOS and 4.7.10 for Android with 3.1.3 library) has corrected problems I have mentioned.
1) not possible to send more than 57 bytes of data
2) not possible to use big configuration file (more than 340 bytes)
with HM-10.

We will test it.