Topic: error arduino esp8266

i used arduino with esp8266 and after a few hours of connection i can't control it the app give me this error
{{soket create error:failed to conect to /192.168.4.1 (port 6377): connect failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)}}
and didn't work till i reset my arduino
How can i fix this ??
i used hardware communication and free version app

Re: error arduino esp8266

Add some Serial.print to see if your Arduino/ESP8266 is crashed. This could be caused by too many things and if you want help, you have to show us a minimal code that can reproduce the problem smile

MAG wrote:

i used arduino with esp8266 and after a few hours of connection i can't control it the app give me this error
{{soket create error:failed to conect to /192.168.4.1 (port 6377): connect failed: ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)}}
and didn't work till i reset my arduino
How can i fix this ??
i used hardware communication and free version app

Where do you get your power supply from?
To you get 3.3V straight out of the uC?

Since yesterday, i have the same problem.
Same error on display, no connection possible. And i´m sure my ESP is not crashed because it is still connected to my router, my router will found the ESP but the app don´t.....
Any Ideas?

Maybe i have found the answer of our problem.
You should add the "yield();" command in your loop or some "delay()".

The lost connection may be caused of too long loop-sequences. The ESP runs a lot of funktion in the background, for example the WiFi-Connection and other things belonging to the WiFi. If there´s a loop which runs longer than 50ms, there is not enough time for ESP to runs the background-functions.
So i addes an "yield();" at the beginning of the sketch and an "delay(2);" in the middle. This allows ESP to get some time for the backgroundfunctions. Since i added this, the ESP runs through over 36 hours at the moment.
Without this delays, at maximum 8 hours the connection were lost.....

Although I programmes delays in the scetch, the connection is getting lost after a few hours.
Please, Webmaster or owner, what is wrong with your RemoteXY-App??

I also programmed a simple webserver on an ESP8266 which get connected by webbrowser, this webserver works since 5 days, only the remotexy doesn´t work after a few hours.
Please find a solution fpr this trouble, else i want my money back for the app. I can´t use the app when it don´t work solid.
If you don´t have any solution for this problems, please give me my money back and i will programm a webserver by browser because remotexy don´t work.....

Now we test this trouble. We test Arduino Mega and ESP8266-01 via hardware serial 115200. I think the ESP go to reboot but Arduino do not see it event and do not configure the ESP after it.
I will report here about it.

If you want your money back for the app, please send me email info@remotexy.com

remotexy wrote:

Now we test this trouble. We test Arduino Mega and ESP8266-01 via hardware serial 115200. I think the ESP go to reboot but Arduino do not see it event and do not configure the ESP after it.

Maybe this can be a problem....but is use only the ESP8266-01 solo (it also containes two outputs).
I have tested the same ESP but not with your remote-app, i have tested it with an simple http-webserver. And this ESP works almost since 10 days without loosing connection, that´s why i think the problem is caused of your app maybe...

9 (edited by Guillaume 2017-05-06 23:05:45)

I have the same problem since a long time. I use ESP8266 alone, without an arduino, latest app/library and Android 4.4.2 smartphone.

Everything works fine for a random amount of time (from less than an hour to more than a week), then, if connected, the RemoteXY App will return to main screen. And trying to reconnect will show the error. The only way to reconnect again is to reset the board. But when this problem happen, the rest of the program on the ESP is still running normally, as confirmed by a webserver still responding to requests, NTP request working, Serial commands responding, etc. It's just the RemoteXY connection that seem to be broken.

I will add more infos if I find something, maybe I can find a way to reproduce the problem easily, this would help track the problem and solve it...

Actually I am testing the Cloud feature with an ESP32 since two days, with a minimal sketch (just show the value of millis() in a Text element, every 5 seconds) and it disconnected only once. But when it was disconnected, the only way to reconnect was to press the reset button on the ESP32 devboard. So it seem to be the same problem.

It is probably related to WiFi..!

We fixed this problem in new version of library 2.3.1. The problem was that the client of ESP did not close when connection was broken or closed incorrect. We added the timeout to close connection if no query from app.
Do you test with new version of RemoteXY library?

I'm sorry, I tried again and some of the things I said aren't correct, please ignore the first part of my previous post. When RemoteXY doesn't work, everything that is WiFi related in my code (OTA, webserver, NTP...) also doesn't work.

So I guess it's a problem with WiFi, not RemoteXY. I will disable RemoteXY in my code and see if the problem is still here or not.