Topic: BLE HM-10, Connection issues when to many item on page

Hi all,

I have issues connecting to my HM-10 when there are to many items on the page. All tests where done with the downloaded generated code and no additional programming done yet.

I started with a very simple test 3 buttons and 1 joystick. And it connected straight away. So, I was happy as a small child. Then I designed myself a quite full page 1x Joystick, 1x slider, 5x switch, 2x button 1x LED and 2x text viewer. To be future proof, for my robot project.

Unfortunately, from that moment I always got the error message “Device not reply”, after I successfully entered my password. I tried for hours with different baud rates, hardware and software comms, changing AT+TYPE to 3 and back..... But, I always got the same error message.
Then I found a post regarding disconnecting when too many item on the page, but the issue was more related to the command delay() had been used. But, it gave me a start and I tried with less objects on my page.

And it works again!!! with 1x Joystick (+ centre button) 3x button and 2x switch. When I tried to include text viewer it stopped. Haven’t tried in details yet how many buttons and switches I can include.

Will do more tests.

Board - Arduino Mega 2560
BLuetooth - HM-10
iPhone iOS 11.2.1

Question: Are there limits on how many items and which kind I can include on BLE connections?

Thanks in advance for all help.

Jens

Re: BLE HM-10, Connection issues when to many item on page

Jens wrote:

Then I designed myself a quite full page 1x Joystick, 1x slider, 5x switch, 2x button 1x LED and 2 text viewer. To be future proof. Unfortunately, from that moment I always got the error message “Device not reply” after I successfully entered my password.

Hi Jens,
share your sketch code which does not work

Thanks for offering looking into it.

I did yesterday a couple of tests, and it stopped when I included a text indicator field. Even when it was the only item I had on the graphic interface.

I hadn’t even changed or added any codes. Only the generated code.

In the meantime, I have a fully coded robot with plenty of buttons, sliders, and joystick working.  Just without a Staus feedback
So Great software.

I will send a code next week.

Jens
As said

4 (edited by tcpipron 2017-12-30 20:47:50)

I am having the same problem with the text string box.  Any time I add one to a project, even a new project with just a text string box dragged in, I get a "Device not reply" and never see the app.  As soon as I remove the text string box from the project, everything works fine.  I am using an Iphone 6, an Arduino Uno and a WS5100 Ethernet Controller.  Really need that text string box to work!!!!!

I have tried on multiple Uno's, real and aftermarket, with the same results.  I have also tried multiple WS5100 Ethernet shields with the same results.

I tried to download the example for the DHT11 sensor reader. It works, but I didn't make it as a project...

Update RemoteXY library for Arduino IDE. Remove old library before update
http://remotexy.com/en/library/

Same problem even after updating the drivers to the version 2.3.4
When I add "text string" to my project I can not communicate anymore with HM-10 module.

//////////////////////////////////////////////
//        RemoteXY include library          //
//////////////////////////////////////////////

// RemoteXY select connection mode and include library
#define REMOTEXY_MODE__SOFTSERIAL
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

#include <RemoteXY.h>

// RemoteXY connection settings
#define REMOTEXY_SERIAL_RX 2
#define REMOTEXY_SERIAL_TX 3
#define REMOTEXY_SERIAL_SPEED 9600

// RemoteXY configurate 
#pragma pack(push, 1)
uint8_t RemoteXY_CONF[] =
  { 255,0,0,11,0,12,0,8,24,0,
  67,4,11,7,20,5,2,26,11 };

// this structure defines all the variables of your control interface
struct {

// output variable
  char text_1[11];  // string UTF8 end zero

// other variable
  uint8_t connect_flag;  // =1 if wire connected, else =0

} RemoteXY;
#pragma pack(pop)

/////////////////////////////////////////////
//           END RemoteXY include          //
/////////////////////////////////////////////

void setup()
{
  RemoteXY_Init ();

// TODO you setup code

}

void loop()
{
  RemoteXY_Handler ();

// TODO you loop code
  // use the RemoteXY structure for data transfer

}

I do not pretend an immediate solution, but at least a response from the programmer
thank you.

Gabriele