Topic: Electronic door lock

I'm using remotexy along with a Bluetooth BLE adapter for a direct gatway to my IOBroker. The Arduino is connected to the IOBroker via MQTT and can open / close the door lock via LAN. So every family member can open the door with a cell phone (if the Remotexy password is known) without having to pass on my Wi-Fi password.
Remotexy, MQTT and LAN with an Arduino UNO works great!

Re: Electronic door lock

Günni wrote:

I'm using remotexy along with a Bluetooth BLE adapter for a direct gatway to my IOBroker. The Arduino is connected to the IOBroker via MQTT and can open / close the door lock via LAN. So every family member can open the door with a cell phone (if the Remotexy password is known) without having to pass on my Wi-Fi password.
Remotexy, MQTT and LAN with an Arduino UNO works great!

Great !

But what if their cell-phone battery is empty ....

I would back it up with a physical keypad on the fixed hardware ....

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...

It is a lock which normally works with a remote control. I soldered wires to the keyboard contacts of the remote control to simulate the keypress with a relay. The relay is actuated by the Arduino. For safety, I have a second remote control that I can use when e.g. the battery of the phone is empty.

4 (edited by Tammara Pearse 2023-02-01 14:58:53)

That's great to hear! It sounds like you have successfully set up a system to control a door lock through your IOBroker using an Arduino UNO, Bluetooth BLE adapter, Remotexy, MQTT, and LAN.  This system allows for secure and convenient access to the door for all family members with a mobile device. My system was installed by emergency locksmith nw1 because I couldn't do it all by myself.