Topic: Getting notification/alert (email, sms..) from RemoteXY running code

Hello

My project consists of remote controlling a SPA and its home made sun heater system with RemoteXY (Nano + ESP8266 based). Everytiung works fine now and the Remote XY app is very usefull and userfriendly.

Following step could be to receive notifications ou alert on the phone when some situations occurs (to be programmed in the code). Question is: how to send this from the arduino to the phone assuming that the app doesn't run permamently. I have found this possibility : https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroll … ng-esp8266 (see some example of code in the link)

Is RemoteXY able to share with other host when running with the RemoteXY host or have we to expect some conflict? I want to try this but before testing, maybe some suggestions to avoid multiple tests (want my system is now installed and running and difficult to reach for programmation).   

Tx for your reply

Re: Getting notification/alert (email, sms..) from RemoteXY running code

Will it be safe enough to receive messages from this application?

3 (edited by Bafarett 2022-04-11 07:12:16)

Re: Getting notification/alert (email, sms..) from RemoteXY running code

I became skeptical about these applications that verify your identity on the phone number. I know this adds an extra layer of security to log in, but it once happened to me in a game app to get a scam. So before I put my personal number, I receive sms uk, on a temporary number. And I do that in most cases if I want to log in to a website or an app. It is best to use such a temporary number on Tinder because you don't know what kind of people you can meet there.