Topic: Joystick autocentering only one axis.

Is it possible with some "hack" to only center one axis of the joystick control?

I'm doing a remote for a quadcopter with two joysticks and you normaly only want to center the x-axis and not the y-axis on the left joystick.

Is it possible to maybe modify the bytes in "RemoteXY_CONF[]" in some way to make it work? The byte that controls the auto-centering is "32" when on and "0" when off. Maybe some other value to just center one of the axis?

Or do you have to make changes in the Android/iOS app?

2 (edited by Daba 2018-06-27 10:39:30)

Re: Joystick autocentering only one axis.

kreamless wrote:

Is it possible with some "hack" to only center one axis of the joystick control?

I'm doing a remote for a quadcopter with two joysticks and you normaly only want to center the x-axis and not the y-axis on the left joystick.

Is it possible to maybe modify the bytes in "RemoteXY_CONF[]" in some way to make it work? The byte that controls the auto-centering is "32" when on and "0" when off. Maybe some other value to just center one of the axis?

Or do you have to make changes in the Android/iOS app?

Since there is no option for the configuration you want, then I assume there is no support for it in the Android/iOS apps.

Have you actually tried changing the configuration byte ? It looks like it is a bit-position (32 = bit 5), so that probably only has one option "auto-centre" on or off, but you might find that bits 0 to 4 do other things. Values 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 perhaps ??

And I suspect the developer has lost interest in this system, he hasn't been around since April. I have even tried messaging him on his facebook profile as well, and got no response... Looks like we are on our own with this, and with what it is, which I think it a great shame because it has so much potential to be so much better !!

EDIT : Bits 0 to 4 of that byte control the positions of the Centering and G-Sensor button locations. There's an excellent post by user "guillaume" in the Tutorials section of this community that explains the bits...   So, no, auto-centering is ON or OFF for both axes, there is no way to separate them that I know of

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...