Topic: Work of Art (nearly)

When oh When will this useful program be converted to a Work of Art? this is well on the way but is this just lazy programming or resting on you laurels.. so much yet for you to aspire to. There are a large number of people are relying on you to produce a fine piece of programming expertise. But woe is them (at this time).

Re: Work of Art (nearly)

Busted wrote:

When oh When will this useful program be converted to a Work of Art? this is well on the way but is this just lazy programming or resting on you laurels.. so much yet for you to aspire to. There are a large number of people are relying on you to produce a fine piece of programming expertise. But woe is them (at this time).

Seconded !

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...

I wish I had RemoteXY APP source code and being able to make the changes I want... Anyone of you good at programming apps, for Android at least ?

Guillaume wrote:

I wish I had RemoteXY APP source code and being able to make the changes I want... Anyone of you good at programming apps, for Android at least ?

I am having a meeting later today with an app developer, with a view to creating a new app for remote control using iPhone and Android devices. It certainly appears as though Mr. RemoteXY has lost interest in this, is not responding to community posts, and as far as I can see has made few changes and/or improvements to the system since it was launched.  Unforgiveable, when you consider he is taking payments for "licenses" for a product he appears to be no longer supporting.

Until I have gauged my developer's expertise, I cannot say whether this will grow into an IoT solution with BT, WiFi, and Cloud control, but selfishly I just need a Bluetooth controller that has a faster update rate than the 500mS I have observed on my projects.

Over the next week or so, I will scour this forum looking for the ideas, suggestions, requests, etc., from forum members, and hopefully we can incorporate as many as we can.....

Daba wrote:

I am having a meeting later today with an app developer, with a view to creating a new app for remote control using iPhone and Android devices. It certainly appears as though Mr. RemoteXY has lost interest in this, is not responding to community posts, and as far as I can see has made few changes and/or improvements to the system since it was launched.  Unforgiveable, when you consider he is taking payments for "licenses" for a product he appears to be no longer supporting.

Until I have gauged my developer's expertise, I cannot say whether this will grow into an IoT solution with BT, WiFi, and Cloud control, but selfishly I just need a Bluetooth controller that has a faster update rate than the 500mS I have observed on my projects.

Over the next week or so, I will scour this forum looking for the ideas, suggestions, requests, etc., from forum members, and hopefully we can incorporate as many as we can.....

Go ahead guy.

mac wrote:

Go ahead guy.

The original developer I had in mind hasn't got back to me, so can't be interested.

I had a lengthy telephone conversation with another the other day, who can program Android and iOS apps, but is now working as a web developer, so that mix looks promising. He also knows Arduino's and Pi's well.

He's going to do a bit of research, try out the system, and let me know his thoughts on development time etc.  Watch this space....

Here's a question for the whole community....

Would you rather pay for the app download (a free, trial version could be made available), or a "license" fee as per here ??

Yes, at reasonable price.