Topic: WiFi Connection Lost failsafe function

Hello

I've got a problem with my project right now, i'm using a arduino leonardo with an ESP-01 module on top. My goal was to control an RC Car, more precise a servo and a esc speed controller. I managed to do so, but there is a small or maybe big problem.

Sometimes the connection interrupts and the module  makes one blue flash, after that the arduino writes the last value to the servo and the speed controller till it reconnects. this is pretty bad if your on full speed. so I i tried to build in a failsafe function with the if() and else() command including the connect_flag variable. But now it still goes on for about 5 seconds and then fully disconnects and i have to either reset the arduino or reconnect to the car to control it again.

I don't really now what to change, because i'm pretty new to this world. I guess something in the remotexy library needs to be changed, so if the connection gets interrupted or isn't good enough anymore a variable should change to 0 or something that it directly writes the values I want if that happens. I know WiFi is not the best thing for RC cars, this is just a school project.

I hope someone can help, I would be very thankful.

Re: WiFi Connection Lost failsafe function

Hello,

Can't you use Wifi events?

https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob … amples.rst

Guillaume wrote:

Hello,

Can't you use Wifi events?

https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob … amples.rst

I've never heard of that, do you know how to integrate that into a Arduino code ? because with RemoteXY it's a bit different I think.

Sorry I think you cannot use that, while it's arduino code, it's for standalone esp module, without need of an arduino board. Note that esp is more powerful and has more memory than your arduino, so why not use esp as the brain, and your arduino as an IO expander..?

I also faced the same wifi connection problem. When faced with that problem at that time reset the router but could not fix the problem. I faced another problem. I have been using windows 10 operating system and that was connecting with the digital tv process. But when I occurred wifi problem at that time tv tuner did not work properly. I installed the digital tv tuner device registration application in my system and it was not working properly and the system was gone shutdown. I thought it would be solve after block the application but could not be blocked.If anyone has any solution then suggest to me.

Antivirus tools norton error 8506 and 421 for everyone. There are a lot of cyber-attackers are sitting out there to steal our data and to destroy people's personal pieces of information.

I just open quickbooks online login page for sending GST invoices. But suddenly I lost my WiFi connection I don't know why. The LAN connection is working fine. I have also checked the router settings, everything is perfect. Should I need to change the router?

To make safe remote controll for motors or other movement, all must be stoped if remote controll is not working (exept in some obscure cases), so RemoteXY.connect_flag must be used to have imidiate information about connection relevance.
Look at my posts thoroughly and use some language translator if you preffere.

http://forum.remotexy.com/viewtopic.php?id=416

Code is complete.