1 (edited by mxwx 2018-12-26 22:26:00)

Topic: changing state of switch programmatically

Hi,

i am trying to use remote xy together with a node red home automation installation witch works pretty well in general. I have a quit simple test configuration containing a switch and a led (remotexy) and a switch (node-red). The both switches should control the same tp-link hs100 smart plug, which is generally working from both sides (remotexy and node-red). My "problem" is, that the node-red switch is not everytime aware of the current state of the smart plug.

if i toogle the remotexy switch from my android phone, the remotexy switch of course changes its state and i get the signal within node red and can manipulte the node red switch which than manipulates the remotexy led and the smart plug - everything is fine.

but, if i toggle the node red switch, the "signal" is transfered to the smart plug and even to the remotexy led - this works pretty well, except that the remotexy switch doesnt takes notice the state of the smart plug (and the node red switch) has changed. I have not found a possibility to manipulate an input variable of remotexy from within node red (which makes sence in general for me). This way the remotexy switch is not "aware" of the current state of the smart plug.

My question is how can I take care of the remotexy switch current state is corrsponding to the smart plugs current state. As the remotexy led has the correct state I could programmatically take care of the remotexy switch state within "loop ()" but i dont know how it is possile to set the current state of the switch within remotexy. I havent found an example, maybe someone could point me to the specific docs or show me an example.

thanks in advance

Michael

Re: changing state of switch programmatically

You have encountered "the wall", in that all of the RemoteXY controls are one-way only, they simply write values to your controller, and do not update their values or visual indications if they are changed from another source.

That's the way it is, and we have to live with it, unless the developer can make it bi-directional.....

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...