Topic: I am looking for an idea to set the clock using RemoteXY.

Hey.
Please forgive me if I ask a stupid question.

I am looking for an idea to set the clock in RTC connected to Arduino Mega 2560 using RemoteXY.

Is there any possibility to transfer the date and time from RemoteXY to Arduino, e.g. when starting the application on a mobile phone?

I will be very grateful for the tips.

Greetings,

Re: I am looking for an idea to set the clock using RemoteXY.

Welcome,

No it's not possible to transfer the smartphone date and time to the arduino... You could use some Buttons and Texts to manually set the time of the RTC, or you can do it automatically with App Inventor and its clock component, or if your arduino is connected to internet then it's not hard to get the time from a NTP server.

How often do you need to set the RTC time ?

Thank you for the quick response.

Arduino I have connected to the ESP8266 network card (ESP-01). The set is connected to the internet via the RemoteXY library (I'm using the application to control the set).
I know that I can set the time from the NTP server, but how do I combine time setting and RemoteXY library support?
I think RemoteXY components takes the network card and I don't know how I can use it to read time from NTP.

I need to set the time usually once a day.

Greetings.

you can set the time in RTC DS3231 by RemoteXY app make it after lot work
i used edit .. if this fine to you i can share my code with you

I am also trying to do this.  currently I set time with a serial port string of commands.  since adding ESP-01 and Remote XY for button controls it would be useful to pull the time from NTP. 

I have also found that the usual examples don't play nice with RemoteXY.  I am sure that it is just my very limited skills but some code shared would be appreciated.