Topic: Read timeout error

I face this issue while connecting the HC-05 module with my phone.

- Start connection
- Connecting to bluetooth device
- Bluetooth device connected
- Recieving GUI configuration
- Read timeout error
- Recieving GUI configuration, try 2
- Read timeout error
- Recieving GUI configuration, try 3
- Read timeout error
- Recieving GUI configuration, try 4
- Read timeout error
- Disconnect

After which a window pops up saying "Board Not Reply"

Re: Read timeout error

If you receive this specific error, check yourself on the list, going to the next point only after checking the previous one:

-your Arduino is not on;
-the required sketch has not been loaded into the Arduino;
-the RemoteXY library did not update, using old version of library;
-power is not supplied to the Bluetooth module, the power contacts may be reversed;
-RX and TX contacts of the Bluetooth module, or one of them are not connected to the controller, a bad contact;
-the RX and TX contacts of the Bluetooth module are not connected correctly, they may be interchanged, check the scheme (step 4);
-incorrect configuration settings or connection settings had been chosen before generating the source code;
-the data baud rate of HC-05 (06) module does not match which selected into the RemoteXY configuration (default 9600);
-the Bluetooth module is defective.

remotexy wrote:

If you receive this specific error, check yourself on the list, going to the next point only after checking the previous one:

-your Arduino is not on;
-the required sketch has not been loaded into the Arduino;
-the RemoteXY library did not update, using old version of library;
-power is not supplied to the Bluetooth module, the power contacts may be reversed;
-RX and TX contacts of the Bluetooth module, or one of them are not connected to the controller, a bad contact;
-the RX and TX contacts of the Bluetooth module are not connected correctly, they may be interchanged, check the scheme (step 4);
-incorrect configuration settings or connection settings had been chosen before generating the source code;
-the data baud rate of HC-05 (06) module does not match which selected into the RemoteXY configuration (default 9600);
-the Bluetooth module is defective.

From the above points all of them except the last one (Bluetooth module may be defective) was checked and still the problem persists.

To check the bluetooth module. I connected the module to a power source and shorted the RX and TX pin on the module Then i connected the module to my phone and using a terminal app I sent a single character and I got the return value as the same character, which is what I suppose should happen when the data is sent and recieved properly by the module.

I am just a beginner and new to this field, so the problem can be something really basic.

Thanks for the reply

4 (edited by aspdoifjsae 2023-06-09 11:11:18)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I failed to mention that the arduino is connected via USB cable. The sketch compiles and uploads without any errors. Baud rate is configured correctly - have also tried slowing it down and using another cable.

Edit: Remotexy is latest available version - both in the IDE and on the phone (on android 13) as of june 8th 2023.