1 (edited by Guillaume 2020-07-07 20:17:06)

Topic: This place needs to be cleaned

First, there are tons of spammers, they just register and write one post with a link to their shitty spam website. There are several ways to block spammers before they can post:

- Ask e-mail confirmation

- Ask a question in the registration form, something like "what is the name of famous electronic boards starting with 'a' and ending with 'o' ?". It will stop most spammers from registering, legit users obviously know the answer.

- User's first post should be approved by a moderator before being visible on the forum.

I have reported some of the many spam posts and you didn't delete them...

Then there is a problem about legit users posting in wrong categories, or writing replies that are out of topic... Not much can be done to stop that, you need moderators if you want to keep your forum from rotting.

So I'm volunteering to be a moderator for the English forum. Give me ability to move/split/delete topics and posts, allow me to ban spammers, and I will try to clean this forum, if you are too busy to do it! Something should be done about it...

Re: This place needs to be cleaned

I agree 100%

The community is growing, so we need to put in place a cleaning regime to keep the streets clean

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...

Welcome

Nice thanks wink

Hello remotexy.  I am (very) new here... and still learning about the App and library... but I have fun both learning and helping others as I do (and vise versa).

So, while the forum seems to have slowed down (judging by recent content) and may not be in as much need, I am also willing to put in some time with moderation duties if desired.

"And voila, which is French for.......'and then I found out.'" - Ready Player One

Gunner wrote:

Hello remotexy.  I am (very) new here... and still learning about the App and library... but I have fun both learning and helping others as I do (and vise versa).

So, while the forum seems to have slowed down (judging by recent content) and may not be in as much need, I am also willing to put in some time with moderation duties if desired.

Приведите ваши доказательства полезности на форуме!
Это троллинг.
Что бы форум стал интересным необходимо включить возможность показа картинок.
Об этом я писал ранее

7 (edited by Gunner 2021-06-17 17:30:21)

bukinay1 wrote:

Это троллинг.

While your post was troll like, you really shouldn't put yourself down like that smile

My offer of volunteered time and effort was to remotexy, not you.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you setup some other interim option like Dropbox share links if you have imagery to share here.  Easy, free and visible even to those without a Dropbox account.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3laf7wpp0syy … g.png?dl=0

"And voila, which is French for.......'and then I found out.'" - Ready Player One