Topic: Timers

A great idea is to be able to add timers to the application, it would become one of the best on the planet.

What you don't know ... Question !! and what you know ... Share !! - By Joan

Re: Timers

What do you mean ? Explain your idea

My idea is a function that can adjust the times of a timer. Example: Connect a relay at a programmed day and time and disconnect at the programmed time.
The programming can be the same program every day or any other day of the week.
I understand that the device should have a connection to the NTP server or RTC clock.
Let me know if you need more clarification.

I was also looking for a way to get the time from NTP through the wifi connection.
My setup has an Arduino Mega 2560 that is connected through hardware serial to an esp8266-01 and to cloud server.
I can't seem to find a way to get the time from the web. Most every instance I find online is directly uploading code to esp8266 and not to Arduino. I am not the most knowledgeable in this stuff so there may be a simple solution that already exists.
I currently have my app interface designed and Arduino connected with esp8266 and pro app communicating fine.
Hit a road block with trying to get the time.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

5 (edited by Joan 2020-08-10 03:34:21)

Loading the code in ESP shouldn't be a problem.

You acquire the time in ESP and transfer it to the Arduino through the serial port like all other data.

Or you can use an RTC connected to the Arduino if you don't want to connect to the ntp server.

In this case, I would recommend opening a new thread, you can lose the start of the topic. Thank you very much.