Topic: ESP8266 with MAX32

Hi, I've successfully tested a Bluetooth module and a Ethernet shield W5100 on a UNO. But, when I tried to use ESP8266 using UNO, MAX32, etc it never worked. The router recognises the module and gives it a IP and I can connect to it using the serial conection. It responds to the GMR and RST commands. Now I'm focusing on MAX32 because it is safer, I have 3.3V logic. I used HW Serial conection 1 that uses pins 18(TX1) and 19(RX1). I've noticed that the pins are swapped in the RemoteXY editor, i.e., it appears pins 18(RX1) and 19(TX1). But I've tried with pins 0 and 1 which are correct in the editor and it still get ECONNREFUSED (Conection refused)
Thank you in advance,
Paulo

Re: ESP8266 with MAX32

Yes. Hardware Serial pins for MAX32 was error. We fixed it.
Try to use debug mode. Add in you sketch next code before RemoteXY #include <RemoteXY.h>:

#define REMOTEXY__DEBUGLOGS Serial

You can see the debug info of connection on Serial port on 115200. Maybe it helps you.

Thank you for your kind help. I'll check it as soon as I can.
I also tried your example for reading temperature and humidity through the W5100, and it works fine for some hours, but then, next day I try to conect and it can't. Then I power off and on the board and it works again. Maybe some little bug crawling around big_smile
Paulo

Ok, your help was great. At least now I know that the module fails to connect to the router. I don't know what possibly can be the problem!!!

WIFI CONNECTED
+CWJAP:1

FAIL
WIFI DISCONNECT
Module not available, RemoteXY stoped

5 (edited by pas 2017-02-12 19:17:50)

Ok, now I made a RESET to the router and now it runs fine. I already conected from outside my local net. My router is a NUMERICABLE and its instructions are in French and I don't understand much french but I assigned a transfer from a port to a IP. From what I understand I'll have to use a different port for every board that I want to control from outside. Is this correct?
Thank you, you have a very nice app.

WIFI CONNECTED
WIFI GOT IP

OK

}AT+CIPMODE=0

OK

}AT+CIPMUX=1

OK

}AT+CIPSERVER=1,6377

OK

{