Topic: A minor quibble concerning App orientation and connection

Way too many a times I have been testing a project and stared dumbly at the App, wondering what I did wrong, as it doesn't seem to be connecting, but also without any error...

Only to realize that I am inevitably holding the phone in the wrong orientation for the elements to display (I constantly adjust the App layout according to personal preferences for the project).

In android, this results in blank App screen, in iOS is seems to keep displaying it's connecting circle.

Perhaps a slight adjustment to the App that forces it to display something regardless of orientation (force rotation of display), or at least display a message stating something like "Rotate the darn phone you doofus tongue"

"And voila, which is French for.......'and then I found out.'" - Ready Player One

Re: A minor quibble concerning App orientation and connection

We cannot reproduce it. The screen rotates automatically after the connection is established. Maybe you have a setting not to rotate the screen?

3 (edited by Gunner 2021-06-09 07:58:23)

Hello and thanks for looking at this.

Ahh, yes, you are correct.  In all my Androids, I have an app called Ultimate Rotation Control that I usually have set to forced rotate.  Setting to auto does as you say.

I didn't clue into that background app affecting RemoteXY as I also saw the same result on an iPad... which doesn't have such a 3rd party app running.

And it was in iOS that I found the "issue" most disconcerting as it just keeps on saying "Connecting" if held, or later turned, in the incorrect orientation of the app project.

Perhaps forced rotation is a built-in "feature" in iOS smile  I rarely use Apple stuff so don't know.

"And voila, which is French for.......'and then I found out.'" - Ready Player One

Thank you. We will test this. You're right. The best solution is to show a message if the app is unable to rotate the screen.