1 (edited by Guillaume 2017-10-06 04:44:04)

Topic: Why the intermediate dialogs between the Edit box and the Keyboard ?

Hello,

I don't understand why there is an intermediate dialog ("Enter new value") between the Edit box and the keyboard. Why not show the keyboard directly when you press the Edit box ?

Re: Why the intermediate dialogs between the Edit box and the Keyboard ?

Hello,
There is a problem when the input field is at the bottom of the screen. The keyboard hide it field. The input field is not a native view control. It drawed as graphical. The keyboard does not understand what need to move the screen. Implementing this solution requires a lot of code that will implement the data entry in the field as well as scrolling the screen.
Мay be in the future..

3 (edited by Guillaume 2017-10-08 07:28:57)

I understand the need of an intermediary step between edit box and keyboard, but why the user need to know about it? I mean, there is like 99.9% chance the user will press "Enter", not "Cancel" smile So in my opinion, this is an uneccessary step, which could be automated.

4 (edited by Daba 2018-08-11 08:30:32)

Another problem with the Edit box is that it automatically populates it with the value the control currently has, which is unhelpful because the only reason for using the control is that you want to change the value.

Say I have "123" in the control's value, and I want to change it to "456". I press the control, and it brings up the "Enter New Value" dialog with "123" already populated. To change this to "456" I have to press "backspace" 3 times, before entering the new number.

Even worse if it is a string with 20 characters, for example.

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...