Topic: Very bad wifi connection Arduino ESP8266 board library 3.0.2 softAP
I experience extremely bad RemoteXY connections when using
- ESP8266 boards, such as Wemos D1, nodemcu, ESP-01
- ESP8266 arduino board library 3.0.2
- RemoteXY library 3.1.6
- Wifi SoftAP mode: REMOTEXY_MODE__ESP8266WIFI_LIB_POINT
- Most recent Android app. Strange is that on iPhone is seems to work (although you have to add the device using ethernet instead of Wifi)
- with whatever RemoteXY application.
Strange is that exactly the same code worked perfect in the past.
After a lot of tests, I found out the cause is the ESP8266 board software 3.0.2. The solution was to roll back to version 2.7.4.
Does anybody have more information about this problem? Is this already ESP8266 a known issue?