1 (edited by Daba 2020-06-24 14:45:22)

Topic: Sounds & updateInputs()

Nice feature Evgeny, thanks.

A little bit more control would be useful....

All the sounds are different lengths, so an awful lot of code needs to go behind playing each sound once only.

So my idea is to have a configuration option for the number of times to repeat, with 0 being indefinitely repeat, 1 being play the sound once only, 2 for twice, etc.

Then the code would be much easier to handle, because we can just turn the sound variable back to 0 (for no sound), any time later, and the sound-bite will play, looping, the number of times specified.

The only thing is each sound gets cut off as soon as 0 is seen, it would be nice if the sound played until the end of its iteration. In that case we could just fire the sound index number through the handler once, and it will play the complete sound-bite, or if we say we want 5 tones to be played, the app does just that, then stops playing.

I like the sound feature, and I like the way you can hide the sound widget on the app screen.  I think you may have gone a little OTT with the number of sounds you have included, though....

Now how about adding a configuration to the "Edit Field" widget to "Disable Input".  Then we can use it as a display field, and use .updateInputs() to refresh the display. 

EDIT : An alternative to that idea, which will cut down the data-size of inputs, is to allow an "embedded" output variable in a "Label", e.g "Time Remaining "#time_remain#" seconds". Now that combines everything into one object, which I think would be a cool idea !

Nice to see you back and putting time in on this, really did think you had disappeared ....

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...