Topic: Pro Version - Higher latency?

First thank you - it is really a great app!

I made and verified a project with the Free version and it was working smoothly. Then I bought the Pro version and the response time increased significantly. Is this behavior expected?

In the GUI I have a matrix of 9x9 RGB LEDs. The color of each LED is controlled in real time by an Arduino with the values read from a 9x9 pressure sensor matrix. The matrix is being updated once every 10 ms. I am using a custom board with Arduino MKRZero bootloader which is communicating to a HC-05 Bluetooth module via Hardware Serial at baud rate of 460800.

As mentioned, the response is instant when using the RemoteXY Free App. As soon as I switch to the Remote XY Pro App, I get a noticeable latency.

I hope you have an explanation and a solution to this.

Thanks.

Re: Pro Version - Higher latency?

Only one difference in versions.
In app 4.7.13 we added saving all input variables to the database. This is done so that you can get a .csv dump.
Actual FREE version 4.7.12 does not have this feature.
It is possible that if your data changes frequently and quickly, this has led to delays.
You cannot disable this feature at this time.

3 (edited by Gunner 2021-05-18 03:53:41)

remotexy wrote:

It is possible that if your data changes frequently and quickly, this has led to delays.

Confirmed!!  With my Random RGB Matrix demo project.  http://forum.remotexy.com/viewtopic.php?id=1317

I built it in the Pro App and thought that was just the best speed I was going to get, due my unoptimized code, but then I tested it with the free version, after seeing this topic... and wow it IS much faster!

remotexy wrote:

You cannot disable this feature at this time.

Would be a nice option for those projects that have no need for a .csv dump

"And voila, which is French for.......'and then I found out.'" - Ready Player One

We will add a setting to disable data save feature.

Thank you. Having that flexibility will be of use for both data sensitive applications and real-time applications where it's not necessary to log the data.

Can you estimate how long this fix is going to take?

Hello,

any update regarding this issue?

s7iVuR wrote:

Hello,

any update regarding this issue?

Yes. Go to device settings in app (tap 1 second to device button) and disable "Keep history" flag.

remotexy wrote:

and disable "Keep history" flag.

No such option in my settings.  ver. 4.8.01 PRO

Settings just has...

Full Screen
Autoenable Bluetooth
Autoenable Wi-Fi
G-Sensor settings
Sound list

That said, it does seem the same speed now (as the free version) on my daily driver Android (9) than when I initially posted my confirmation of slowdown.

"And voila, which is French for.......'and then I found out.'" - Ready Player One

Many thanks for the update!

@Gunner,
You have listed the App Settings. Additionally, there are Device settings which open when you tap and hold for 1 sec on your device (the rectangle containing the name of the device). You can find the Keep history setting there.

@s7iVuR  Thanks... so obvious and yet I missed it tongue