1 (edited by me2 2022-05-18 20:51:47)

Topic: Arduino MKR WiFi 1010 (BLE)

Is there any way to get this work over BLE, or at all?

The examples fail to compile (usually due to lack of softwareserial.h). The board is not an option in the UI editor. My board does not show up in the add new device > BLE in the app.

Does (or will) RemoteXY support this board?

Re: Arduino MKR WiFi 1010 (BLE)

Or I guess a better question is how can I access the on-board esp32 chip?

If I set my board to an Uno, and set REMOTEXY_MODE__HARDSERIAL, it compiles and runs fine, but obviously isn't using bluetooth.

If I change it to REMOTEXY_MODE__ESP32CORE_BLE, I get the following error:

In file included from /Users/Martin/Documents/Arduino/sketch_may18d/sketch_may18d.ino:25:0:
/Users/Martin/Documents/Arduino/sketch_may18d/sketch_may18d.ino: In function 'void setup()':
/Users/Martin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/RemoteXY/src/RemoteXY.h:174:117: error: expected type-specifier before 'CRemoteXYStream_BLEDevice'
   #define RemoteXY_Init() remotexy = new CRemoteXY (RemoteXY_CONF_PROGMEM, &RemoteXY, REMOTEXY_ACCESS_PASSWORD, new CRemoteXYStream_BLEDevice (REMOTEXY_BLUETOOTH_NAME))
                                                                                                                     ^
/Users/Martin/Documents/Arduino/sketch_may18d/sketch_may18d.ino:67:3: note: in expansion of macro 'RemoteXY_Init'
   RemoteXY_Init ();
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino MKR WiFi 1010.