Topic: Optional Date/Time display

In the header bar, where the project name goes, would it be possible to instead have the date&time. I'm sure you can get this from the OS on the device.

It is so easy for us to put the project name on the main screen, but to get a date/time display is a lot of work, and needs a RTC in the hardware. Then you've got string formatting, characters that are proportionally spaced (59 vs. 11, for example), and you are using up several bytes of data transfer, and then you have to provide for setting the RTC. A mountain of tasks !

Setting the device OS time&date in the header bar would be a much easier route to getting a time&dat display.

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...

Re: Optional Date/Time display

Yes, it will be done.

I think it would be better to make a variable in the RemoteXY structure that will hold the time in UNIX format. Then everyone can use it as they wish.

I would also like the buttons to be not only rectangular, but also triangular in shape.

reachim wrote:

I would also like the buttons to be not only rectangular, but also triangular in shape.

You should really start your own thread, this may not be seen by the developer.

reachim wrote:

I think it would be better to make a variable in the RemoteXY structure that will hold the time in UNIX format. Then everyone can use it as they wish.

Nearly a whole year later, and nothing on this on the horizon.

Totally agree with your suggestion of making the OS time/date available to the controller, it would certainly simplify a lot of tasks. 

Similar to the "Sound" widget, the variable(s) would only appear in the interface if a "TimeDate" object is included in the GUI. 

The idea of using UNIX format is good, as it would allow for precise "elapsed" times, extended across minutes, hours days etc. boundaries, rather than having yy, mm, dd, hr, mn, sc variables, which would be harder to deal with. But what about the option to have either... you can then use as appropriate to your project.

I have made many suggestions for ideas and improvements, many of which have not even been answered by the developer.

"Button Groups" - the concept of using  a uint8_t for a single boolean "state" is grossly overkill, the same applies to LEDs (or just "indications"). Enhancements to "Sound" objects that would enable us to more easily interact with them.

I totally like RemoteXY, it has an air of "simplicity" that makes it great for the hobbyist, but it also has the potential to be so much more than it is, and I would be happy to pay more for extended licensing to unlock "advanced" features etc.

We need to keep up the pressure to move this app forwards ....

It's a feature most users would appreciate without needing extra setup.