Topic: WiFi ssid error on recent iPhones

I can connect the iPhone to the ESP8266 WiFi access point, the phone says the security is weak, but connect, but then in the RemoteXY app, when trying to add a WiFi point i get the following error: "WiFi ssid error"
On the Arduino IDE serial monitor I get "Remote XY setup end" when (re)starting the ESP8266.

I'm working with the Arduino IDE, ESP8266 as WiFi access point and recent iPhones.
App version 1.4.7 and RemoteXY Arduino library 2.4.6
Iphone SE second generation and Iphone 12 mini both iOS 14.4

On an iPad with App version 1.4.4 instead of the error message it hangs on the "connecting" screen.

However, it works fine on an old iPhone and an Android phone.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Re: WiFi ssid error on recent iPhones

We will test it

Any solution yet on this problem?

I too am having this problem.  Same sketch works fine on Android device but iPhone says ERROR - Wifi SSID error when I try to connect.  I tried changing the SSID but no luck.

I am using latest app from app store.

My device is:

iPhone = iPhoneSE
Software Version = 14.4.1

Thanks for your help in advance.

It looks like this is a new feature of the new version of ios that does not allow the application to see the current wifi network. We will study and test.
Try the following:
1. In settings connect to the network.
2. In app go to add device and select connection by Ehternet
3. Enter IP address  192.168.4.1 and default port.
4. Press connect button

@RemoteXY,

As per your instructions, connecting via Ethernet works.  Looking forward to your fix to connect via WifiPoint soon.

Thank you!

On my iPad and on my iPhone 6s, I receive the error:  "WiFi SSID error".

iOS is version 14.5.1 on my iPhone 6s.

iOS is version 14.4.2 on my iPad 5th Generation.

I followed advice to connect as Ethernet as suggested.  And that worked !!  My custom screen shows up on my iPad.  Need to continue learning how to use app now.

Thanks!

I tried doing the steps of connecting through ethernet, but I get the error, "Error: The Operation couldn't be completed. Network is down". I'm using iPhone X