Topic: Timeout

I've come back to my RemoteXY project after a few months and either I didn't know or have forgotten that the wi-fi connection seems to time out after some period of time with no activity.   It wouldn't be a problem if the wi-fi connection drops out, but it also causes my application to stop as well and that's what I'd like to fix.

My hardware is very simple:   An ESP8266-01 module running the code as well as providing the wi-fi connectivity and two I2C peripherals.   I can connect and start the application running but after a while it stops and I have to re-establish communications and initiate a new session, then it will run again.   What I'd like is to for my application program to run forever regardless of whether the wi-fi connection is present or not.  I'd also like to be able to configure the timeout period if possible.

The application is working perfectly otherwise, so I'd very much appreciate any suggestions on overcoming this timeout issue.
Thanks,
Bob

Re: Timeout

The new version of the application has a function of automatic reconnection. The screen does not turn off.
If you want the connection to remain when the phone screen is off, add the application to the battery saver exceptions, use the android settings

Thanks!   That' will be a useful feature.

Sorry for the dumb question - but how do I get the new version of the application?    The latest version I see in the App Store is 1.9.1 and that is the version I have on my phone, but I don't see this automatic reconnection feature.  Can you tell me a bit more about how to select it?

Thanks,
Bob

You have the latest version. The auto-reconnect feature is built into the app. If for some reason communication with the board is lost, the interface screen does not close, the message Disconnect flashes. When the connection is restored, the interface screen will become available again.