Topic: About Slider...

Hello community.

Hello,
I am new to this amazing and indispensable application.
I have however a problem:
How to have more than one hundred possible values for a slider? my application needs fine tuning...

Thank you all

Re: About Slider...

You can not set the fine tuning using finger on phone screen. If you need a different range, you can use the map function.

float y = map (RemoteXY.slider_1, 0, 100, MY_MIN_RANGE, MY_MAX_RANGE);

hello,
thank you for your reply.

I'm already using the map() function but that doesn't change the number of possible values.

I therefore use a select object or a second slider to change the multiplier of the slider (like the push-pull knob of an oscilloscope) but it is not very ergonomic...

However, thank you again for this incredible work which greatly simplifies the interfacing of my projects!

Best regards,

Manu

manu.lara wrote:

hello,
thank you for your reply.

I'm already using the map() function but that doesn't change the number of possible values.

I therefore use a select object or a second slider to change the multiplier of the slider (like the push-pull knob of an oscilloscope) but it is not very ergonomic...

However, thank you again for this incredible work which greatly simplifies the interfacing of my projects!

Best regards,

Manu

IMHO the slider, or any other control, should always use the maximum values allowed for the data-type it is transmitted in.

So as a uint8_t, that  would be 0 to 255. Why we are limited to 0 to 100 is beyond comprehension, the data channel is there, and being under-utilised. If you wanted a "centre-zero" slider, you could just subtract 128 from the uint8_t to give -128 to +127

100 points of magnitude is poor, when you can have 256, with no changes to hardware or data structures, it is just being "limped" by RemoteXY

"map"ping in your code can then convert that into any scale you want, with increased resolution.

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...