Topic: COPY 'RemoteXY include' button on Source Code Page

When developing code using RemoteXY, I get source code the first time, then populate my setup() and loop().

Then when I make changes to the interface screen design, i click 'Get Source Code'
and copy from the top down to 'END RemoteXY include'

I then go to my code, highlight the previous version of the include, and paste.

The only time you would copy the whole thing including setup() and loop() is the first iteration.  After that, you have modified the setup and loop code, so you don't want to copy that part.

SO, it would be nice to have another link next to 'download code' that just copies the include portion to the clipboard.

Re: COPY 'RemoteXY include' button on Source Code Page

Yes it will be convenient

Re: COPY 'RemoteXY include' button on Source Code Page

chrismolloy wrote:

When developing code using RemoteXY, I get source code the first time, then populate my setup() and loop().

Then when I make changes to the interface screen design, i click 'Get Source Code'
and copy from the top down to 'END RemoteXY include'

I then go to my code, highlight the previous version of the include, and paste.

The only time you would copy the whole thing including setup() and loop() is the first iteration.  After that, you have modified the setup and loop code, so you don't want to copy that part.

SO, it would be nice to have another link next to 'download code' that just copies the include portion to the clipboard.

Yes that would be nice, I copy manually too. Not difficult, but could be easier as you suggest.

But on the pasting into your code I always create a new tab for the RemoteXY code block, and include it in my sketch.  That way I can copy from the generated code, go to my sketch, select the RemoteXY include tab, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-V, and job done !!

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...