Topic: Bluetooth module staying "connected" when it shouldn't ....

I have a project using a HC05 Bluetooth module, and it will not disconnect properly every time you "Stop" the GUI, it is hit and miss, there's no pattern to it, it sometimes does, and sometimes does not.  You can even go into iPhone settings and turn Bluetooth OFF, and the HC05 LED stays steady RED, which means you cannot re-connect to it. Power cycling is the only way out.

Does anyone know why this might be, and know of a work-around ?

EDIT : I have just read that my particular HC-05 board, a ZS-040 module, has an EN pin. A data sheet for this board states "Pulling the EN pin on the HC-05 LOW disables the module." I thought I could possibly use this to disable, then re-enable the module, effectively resetting it, but I have discovered that "Pulling the EN pin on the HC-05 LOW disables the module." does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !, i.e. the connection to RemoteXY remains rock solid.

ANOTHER EDIT : Just found yet another datasheet that states "EN - Unknown pin. It should be connected to pin 34 of GBT-045MS Bluetooth module, but it seems it doesn't work in preferred way;"

Going round in circles on this one. Perhaps I should have used a Nano 33 BLE on this project !!

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...

Re: Bluetooth module staying "connected" when it shouldn't ....

I think your HC-05 module has a problem. Any bluetooth module should break the connection if the paired device breaks it