Topic: "Sounds" enhancements

At present, we have no idea when the sound we select to play has finished.

A RemoteXY flag e.g. "Sound_1 Playing" would be a good idea, then we can synchronise our sketches to the offline sounds.

Another sound enhancement would be a configuration attribute that allows us to specify whether a sound is played indefinitely, once only, or n times while the sound value is maintained.

Tied in with the "Playing" flag, we would have so much more control over sounds, enabling us to create and use our own more effectively.

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...

Re: "Sounds" enhancements

For a project I am currently working on, enhancements to sounds handling have become extremely desirable, in fact I don't know how I am going to do the job without .....

1. Configuration for each sound object to play the whole of the sound, once only, once triggered. Our sketch could terminate a sound being played by resetting (to zero) the trigger variable. Repeating a sound n times (if we wanted it) could be achieved with a FOR loop in our code.

2. The ability to know when the sound has completed playing. This could simply be that the app resets the sound trigger variable back to zero, which we can monitor for in our sketches. 

Neither of these "enhancements" will require any additional interface variables, nor do I believe they would be difficult to implement on the app.

I really don't think I'm asking for the earth here....

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...