1 (edited by sbarabe 2023-11-09 14:52:20)

Topic: ESP32 and USB connection on Android: USB device not permission

Hi,

I'm trying to to an ESP32-S2 module witch my Samsung S23 smartphone (Galaxy S23 with Androif 13). The RemoteXY APP does see the USB connection "CH340 USB-UART", then my phone ask for authorization for RemoteXY to access this connection, but after that, there is an error message : USB device not permission.

How can I fix that ? Any hints ?

I wish to use the USB connection when WIFI(Cloud connection) is out to use the phone as a display...

Regards !

Re: ESP32 and USB connection on Android: USB device not permission

I have the same issue with Android 13 and an Arduino Uno R3. Is there anything that can be done here?

Thank you very much!

I have the same problem with an android and arduino mega. How to fix it?

4 (edited by sbarabe 2023-11-30 17:08:45)

juo2 wrote:

I have the same issue with Android 13 and an Arduino Uno R3. Is there anything that can be done here?

Thank you very much!

Nerwbie wrote:

I have the same problem with an android and Arduino mega. How to fix it?

I have bypass the problem, I use an ESP32 with Bluetooth and setup a multiple connection, Bluetooth and cloud, instead of USB and cloud. They're examples with the library. That doesn't fix the issue but it's a fully functional work around...

So when cloud is out or there is no Internet, I use a Bluetooth connection with the RemoteXY APP.

The only downside is that multiple connection really takes a lot of board memory, I need to use ESP32 "huge app" partition to make it work.. It seems that at least 130-150Kbof memory is needed just for the multiple connection, + your usual sketch needs.

Regards!