Topic: Android 4.4.2 and the RemoteXY app

Hi !

I have a tablet with Android 4.4.2 and I have a RemoteXY Pro license.

I just created a new screen (Configuration: Bluetooth, ESP32 board, Bluetooth on chip, Arduino IDE) and I use the RemoteXY library version for Arduino 3.1.12

I got the source code for this new screen and download it into an ESP32 board.

When starting this new screen, in the RemoteXY Pro application, I got the following messages:

App version 4.11.3, API 19
Device started
Bluetooth connection started
Connecting to Bluetooth device E0:5A:1B:A0:23:B6
Bluetooth device connected
Receiving GUI configuration
Version of GUI not supported
Disconnect

"Connection established, but version of GUI configuration is not supported by app. Update the application"

It seems I can no longer update RemoteXY Pro application, from Google Play Store, for my tablet Android 4.4.2 !!!

Am I understanding this correctly and if so can you make the RemoteXY Pro app downloadable for Android 4.4.2 ?

Thanks for your help !

Michel

Re: Android 4.4.2 and the RemoteXY app

You will be able to update starting from app version 4.13.5. We have already found the error and fixed it.
The minimum Android version for RemoteXY is 4.0. We try to support this so that you can use old devices. But every day this becomes more and more difficult to do. Most likely in the future we will be forced to increase the minimum version.

3 (edited by memi205 2024-03-11 15:49:01)

Google Play Store does not allow me to update to your new version of RemoteXY on my Android 4.4.2 tablet.
I got the message "This application is no longer compatible with your device. Contact the developers for more information."
My license currently installed on my Android 4.4.2 tablet is RemoteXY Pro version 4.11.3
I think you have something to do on the Google Play Store side or provide an .apk of your new version of RemoteXY Pro version 4.13.5. I don't know...
Thanks for your help.
Michel

Version 4.13.5 will be available within a few days for all users. Please wait.

5 (edited by memi205 2024-03-14 12:01:13)

With a PC, I can see that you have placed a new version of RemoteXY Pro on Google Play Store.

With my Android 4.4.2 tablet, I cannot update to your new version.

Google Play Store does not even show me your application (for an update) because it considers that my tablet is not compatible with your application.

"This application is no longer compatible with your device. Contact the developers for more information."

Google Play Store detects something in your application and no longer allows installation or updating for old Android 4.4.2 tablets.

Thank's for your help.

Michel

To solve my problem, I have an idea...

I have a phone (Android 11) and my tablet (Android 4.4.2), on the same google account, and Remotexy Pro is installed and activated on both devices.

If I take an APK extractor, extract RemoteXY Pro (4.13.5) from my phone into an APK file and apply this APK file to my tablet.

Will RemoteXY Pro activation remain active on my tablet ?

Thank's for your help.

I have just noticed that Google Play Store has restarted offering me the installation of RemoteXY Pro on
my Android 4.4.2 tablet !!!
Something has changed since my last reply...
I was able to install version 4.13.7 of RemoteXY.
Everything is back to normal, everything is working properly!
Thanks for your help !
Michel