Topic: Compile error esp32

Cannot compile for anything I keep getting this error and not sure what to do.

code.n file included from C:\Users\busti\Downloads\Loco_BLE_Remote-main\Loco_BLE_Remote-main\Loco_BLE_Control\remotexyConfigs.h:25,
from C:\Users\busti\Downloads\Loco_BLE_Remote-main\Loco_BLE_Remote-main\Loco_BLE_Control\Loco_BLE_Control.ino:16:
C:\Users\busti\Downloads\Loco_BLE_Remote-main\Loco_BLE_Remote-main\Loco_BLE_Control\Loco_BLE_Control.ino: In function 'void setup()':
C:\Users\busti\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RemoteXY\src/RemoteXY.h:189:117: error: expected type-specifier before 'CRemoteXYStream_BLEDevice'
#define RemoteXY_Init() remotexy = new CRemoteXY (RemoteXY_CONF_PROGMEM, &RemoteXY, REMOTEXY_ACCESS_PASSWORD, new CRemoteXYStream_BLEDevice (REMOTEXY_BLUETOOTH_NAME))
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\busti\Downloads\Loco_BLE_Remote-main\Loco_BLE_Remote-main\Loco_BLE_Control\Loco_BLE_Control.ino:39:3: note: in expansion of macro 'RemoteXY_Init'
RemoteXY_Init();
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
exit status 1
Compilation error: exit status 1

Re: Compile error esp32

hey, did you manage to fix the issue? I'm running into the same problem.

Please share your sketch code

4 (edited by serge2804 2024-06-04 15:08:13)

Hi guys,
I have the same problem with ESP32 and Wifi Ethernet connection. sad

no code needed as exemple, it doesn't run even you just try to compil the "simple" lines from RemotXY editor

it recently happen with the new library, because I already used those settings and have had not any problem till now. If i try to compil a past sketch on the new library the error message is the same.

In file included from C:\Users\SERGE\AppData\Local\Temp\.arduinoIDE-unsaved202453-9484-1xjf0f0.6lhx\sketch_jun3a\sketch_jun3a.ino:37:
C:\Users\SERGE\AppData\Local\Temp\.arduinoIDE-unsaved202453-9484-1xjf0f0.6lhx\sketch_jun3a\sketch_jun3a.ino: In function 'void setup()':
c:\Users\SERGE\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RemoteXY\src/RemoteXY.h:204:122: error: expected type-specifier before 'CRemoteXYComm_WiFi'
  204 |   #define RemoteXY_Init() remotexy = new CRemoteXY (RemoteXY_CONF_PROGMEM, &RemoteXY, new CRemoteXYConnectionServer (new CRemoteXYComm_WiFi (REMOTEXY_WIFI_SSID, REMOTEXY_WIFI_PASSWORD), REMOTEXY_SERVER_PORT), REMOTEXY_ACCESS_PASSWORD)
      |                                                                                                                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\SERGE\AppData\Local\Temp\.arduinoIDE-unsaved202453-9484-1xjf0f0.6lhx\sketch_jun3a\sketch_jun3a.ino:101:3: note: in expansion of macro 'RemoteXY_Init'

exit status 1

Dear team,

I'm having the same problem, please help me:

In file included from C:\Users\pafreitas\Documents\Arduino\TCCIOTESP32-1\TCCIOTESP32-1.ino:13:
C:\Users\pafreitas\Documents\Arduino\TCCIOTESP32-1\TCCIOTESP32-1.ino: In function 'void setup()':
c:\Users\pafreitas\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RemoteXY\src/RemoteXY.h:182:148: error: expected type-specifier before 'CRemoteXYComm_WiFiPoint'
  182 |   #define RemoteXY_Init() remotexy = new CRemoteXY (RemoteXY_CONF_PROGMEM, &RemoteXY, REMOTEXY_ACCESS_PASSWORD, new CRemoteXYConnectionServer (new CRemoteXYComm_WiFiPoint (REMOTEXY_WIFI_SSID, REMOTEXY_WIFI_PASSWORD), REMOTEXY_SERVER_PORT))
      |                                                                                                                                                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\pafreitas\Documents\Arduino\TCCIOTESP32-1\TCCIOTESP32-1.ino:65:3: note: in expansion of macro 'RemoteXY_Init'
   65 |   RemoteXY_Init ();
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

exit status 1

If you're using the board: esp32 by Espressif 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 try changing it to version 2.0.17, it fixed my issue.