Topic: New RemoteXY library 3.1.1 beta for testing

Hi!
We did a great job.
We made a new library that is completely different. The library uses client-server capabilities and other things so that the library can handle multiple connections at the same time.
Since the library has been completely rewritten, it may contain bugs.
We suggest that you test the library. If the library works well with your projects, you can continue to use it. If not work then writ to this topic.
What's news:
- multiple connections to server (does not work with the cloud yet as it is required to modify the cloud server, we make it);
- multiple connections using different communication methods;
- full control for input variables. The control variables transmit to all connected apps if one app modified it. And you can modify this variables in you code freely.

You can download the library by link https://remotexy.com/en/library/

We will also begin writing the tutorial and examples for the new library.

Re: New RemoteXY library 3.1.1 beta for testing

It all sounds good news, I will wait until others have tested before installing the new library.

2B, or not 2B, that is the pencil ...

Library 3.1.3 available!
Supported multiple cloud connections!

After I had a problem with Invalid Host
i download the library
3.1.5 Beta (29.03.2021)
But the problem still exists. Unable to connect to my devices

5 (edited by Gunner 2021-05-24 20:50:11)

FYI

I just tested 3.1.5 via ESP8266, WiFI and two android phones.  Using a tracked rover coded with joystick (and alternate gyro), switch for LED Lamp and selector for Servo for H/L gear range.

So far so good;  Connected and operates fine from both (well... the poor thing didn't know what to do when both devices were switched to gyro big_smile )

Also tested OK with another ESP8266 using test code for stacked level displays (Red/Yellow/Green), slider and text elements.

"And voila, which is French for.......'and then I found out.'" - Ready Player One

Gunner wrote:

FYI

I just tested 3.1.5 via ESP8266, WiFI and two android phones.  Using a tracked rover coded with joystick (and alternate gyro), switch for LED Lamp and selector for Servo for H/L gear range.

So far so good;  Connected and operates fine from both (well... the poor thing didn't know what to do when both devices were switched to gyro big_smile )

Also tested OK with another ESP8266 using test code for stacked level displays (Red/Yellow/Green), slider and text elements.

Thanks!

Trying to update library 2.4.6 to 3.1.6

When compiling : Results 2.4.6.

Plusieurs bibliothèque trouvées pour "RemoteXY.h"
Utilisé : C:\Users\Jean-Paul\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RemoteXY
Non utilisé : C:\Users\Jean-Paul\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_689514
Utilisation de la bibliothèque SoftwareSerial version 1.0 dans le dossier: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial
Utilisation de la bibliothèque RemoteXY version 2.4.6 dans le dossier: C:\Users\Jean-Paul\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RemoteXY
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\tools\\avr/bin/avr-size" -A "C:\\Users\\Jean-Paul\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_872296/Jacuzzi_Remote_XYR6.2.1_without_sun_version_B_only_BB.ino.elf"
Le croquis utilise 19680 octets (64%) de l'espace de stockage de programmes. Le maximum est de 30720 octets.
Les variables globales utilisent 1261 octets (61%) de mémoire dynamique, ce qui laisse 787 octets pour les variables locales. Le maximum est de 2048 octets.

Results 3.1.6

Plusieurs bibliothèque trouvées pour "RemoteXY.h"
Non utilisé : C:\Users\Jean-Paul\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_689514
Utilisation de la bibliothèque SoftwareSerial version 1.0 dans le dossier: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial
Utilisation de la bibliothèque RemoteXY version 3.1.6 dans le dossier: C:\Users\Jean-Paul\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RemoteXY
exit status 1
Erreur de compilation pour la carte Arduino Nano

Why this problem of compilation with library 3.1.6 ? Is it something to do with the SoftwareSerial Library ?

Tx for your help

8 (edited by Gunner 2021-07-09 23:30:52)

JPlusieurs bibliothèque trouvées pour "RemoteXY.h"

You should format (use the <>) posted errors and other generated text separate from your comments... otherwise hard to read.

It looks like you have multiple RemoteXY libraries... you should remove all old ones, or as I do, rename them like #remoteXY-246 Yes it tosses out an invalid name error in the IDE startup, but then ignores them and keeps on going.  Also works as a reminder that I have the old libraries still there.

"And voila, which is French for.......'and then I found out.'" - Ready Player One

Tx gunner for your reply. I will try it